|This article needs a few links to other articles. Please improve this article by adding links to the context within the exisiting text. ( December 2015 )|
|This article is a stub. You can help Contractwars Wiki by expanding it.|
This page lacks: Gallery, Customization.
"Third special modification of VAL assault rifle done by Norvinsk Brigade specialists. Improved ergonomics, shortened dimensions, extended mag, LMT and Aimpoint collinator sight."
- — Description.
The AS VAL MOD.3 Spec is the unique assault rifle of the assault skill tree.
The AS VAL MOD.3 is a heavy modification of its cousin, the AS VAL Kobra. Since it uses the same ammo, is has the exact same damage and penetration. Unlike the Kobra, the AS VAL MOD.3 has higher accuracy, rate of fire, reload speed, mobility, and magazine size, yet has a rather high recoil.
The AS VAL MOD.3 is the only assault rifle in the SPEC tier, and can be unlocked by unlocking the correct assault skills. It is one of the best performing guns in the game due to its high damage and rate of fire. It comes equipped with an integrated silencer, AN/PEQ device, and the Comp M4 red dot sight.
Before it was given weapon customization, the VAL MOD.3 was often called a "laser gun" due to its nonexistent visual recoil when aiming down sights. However, subsequent to its customization option, many players have neglected using the gun because of its "unfair and jumpy" visual recoil.
The AS VAL MOD.3 Spec is customizable with sights, silencers and tactical mods. See AS VAL MOD.3 Spec/Customization for more information.
- With six magazines (eight if you have destroyer skill), it has a lot of ammo, sometimes even more than enough to do some prokills.
- As with every SPEC weapon, resetting your skill tree will lock the gun but you are given half of the GP for unlocking it. Use your discretion if you don't think you need to use it again (or for a long time)
- Compared to the price of the Saiga FA , the MOD.3 is cheaper, costing less GP and SP.
- The AS VAL MOD.3's firing sound is the same as the AS VAL Kobra as heard from other players, yet in the first person they sound much more different, the Kobra having a higher pitch than the MOD.3
- The AS VAL MOD.3 arguably has the most attachments unlocked; it comes with a silencer, tactical device, and sight. Although it doesn't affect gameplay, the foregrip is also used.
- The AS VAL MOD.3 does not exist in real life. A similar model of the gun however, seems to be in another one of the game developers' project, Russia.2028. It's possible that when Russia.2028's development stopped, they had recycled the gun model and placed it in Contract Wars.