|This article needs a few links to other articles. Please improve this article by adding links to the context within the exisiting text. ( December 2015 )|
"The Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle is a modular rifle made by FN Herstal for the United States Special Operations Command as a replacement for the M16. Although the light version (SCAR-L) hasn't been successfully addopted by the U.S. Army, it is still actively used by PMCs worldwide."
- — Description.
The FN SCAR-L is a tier 2 assault rifle.
The FN SCAR-L is orientated more towards ranged combat than CQB, boasting an impressive range and excellent accuracy. The low rate-of-fire gives the SCAR manageable recoil and good accuracy while taking away killing power.
The SCAR-L has weapon customization and can fit different tactical devices, suppressors and muzzle brakes, and different sights.
To acquire the W-Task for the FN SCAR-L, one must achieve 70 longshots with the weapon. The FN SCAR-L with the W-Task equipped is renamed to SCAR Optics, which will add a 4x HAMR optical scope and a Noveske flash hider to this weapon. Completing the W-Task also unlocks customization for the FN SCAR-L. See FN SCAR-L/Customization for more information.
|This article is a stub. You can help Contractwars Wiki by expanding it.|
Remember these equations if you are planning to use the SCAR-L as your main.
- Low damage+moderate fire rate+low penetration=Not very good in CQC situations.
- To negate the above problem=Aim for head+damage skills from assault tree+armour penetration skill from scout tree
- Alternative to negate 1.=get a good pistol for CQC such as the Springfield Operator TRP pistol,Glock 18,Sawed-Off IZH-43,etc (recommended to get the latter for exclusive CQC)
- If you are unable to get a good pistol for CQC situation=knife the enemy in the head (getting headshots with knife is possible)
- If you suck with using the knife try playing in larger maps like Evac or Old Sawmill.
- If you are a diehard fan of this gun and want to play on small maps like Bay 5 then try to avoid head-on contact with the enemy,you will be more successful in getting killstreaks like rage and stormkill.
- Universal Tip! If your mag is low/empty and your in the middle of a firefight switch to your pistol and fight with glory instead of hiding like a coward,reloading and taking potshots at the enemy.
- Another Universal Tip! Practice makes perfect!